SumTotal Offers Talent Management Solutions for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
When you hear the phrase “talent management” or “talent management software,” small businesses might not be the first thing that comes to mind, yet these are elements that can be essential to growth and success of businesses of all scopes.
While many talent management software solutions aren’t geared towards the unique needs of small businesses, SumTotal offers features and delivery specifically designed for small companies with big goals.
The Basics of SumTotal
SumTotal provides a scalable human capital management software solution. There’s an integration between concepts of not just human resources and talent but also learning management, all provided within the umbrella of SumTotal.
The software is designed to provide a sense of synchronicity between multiple applications already being used by many small businesses, and it’s something that easily fits into the existing infrastructure of most enterprises.
The benefits of using SumTotal include the following:
- An intuitive and easy-to-use talent management solution
- Easy and efficient deployment of services, even with a minimal amount of IT resources
- A simple tool to automate processes often utilized in small businesses
- Improved compliance to eliminate mistakes that can be very costly and detrimental to small businesses
- Tools to create effective employee development plans
SumTotal Capabilities for Small Business
Features of this innovative talent management solution include the following:
- 360 Degree Feedback: With this robust way of providing feedback you can provide employee development recommendations, identify employee strengths and also track progress year-by-year. Included within the SumTotal offerings include feedback forms, report generation and automatic data collection and analysis.
- Compensation: Developing compensation models can be challenging for small business owners, so with SumTotal you can manage all of the variables coming into play from planning and budgeting to execution of compensation. SumTotal provides a simplified way to link compensation to HR strategies and align overall goals with how employees are being paid and rewarded. There’s also the option to integrate long-term incentives into the compensation process and develop more a more effective and organized pay-for-performance system.
- Succession Planning: Succession planning is one of those terms that can feel exclusively reserved for large corporations, however SumTotal makes it not only attainable but also beneficial for small businesses. It’s possible to standardize and automate the processes surrounding succession planning, prepare influential employees for their future roles and also to manage retention strategies and data.
- Recruiting: Small businesses often feel they don’t have the budget to conduct large-scale recruiting efforts, but SumTotal lays the groundwork for recruiting like a large corporation. It’s possible with this software to implement consistency in the recruiting and hiring processes, automate candidate searches and screening, and to integrate SumTotal with third-party job boards and social media sites to provide automatic distribution of job postings.
SumTotal is a scalable option, which is one of the primary reasons it works so well for small businesses. It’s possible to choose the services that will work best for your organization without paying for the options you don’t need. Ultimately, SumTotal gives small businesses the opportunity to compete with much larger organizations when it comes to talent management strategies.
If you’ve used SumTotal to meet your small business talent management goals and needs, let us know what you think.
Don’t Miss These Essential Tools